| Main Page | Shadow Forums | Motorcycle Links | Shadowrider's Photo Gallery | Today's Posts | New Posts |



DO NOT POST NUDITY OR PORN OR IT WILL BE DELETED! Thank you.

  
Go Back   Shadowriders > Honda Shadow Discussion Forums > Shadow Spirit 750 Modifications
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-02-2016, 10:51 PM   #21
BaldEagle
SROC President
 
BaldEagle's Avatar
 
BaldEagle is Offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 6,545
Looking good. I didn't realize you got the stacks from TJ when you asked me about jetting the other day.

Going to look good, you e always had one of the best looking 750's, now it's going to be even hotter!
__________________

www.baldeaglecustoms.com

Then the prophet Isaiah called on the LORD, and the LORD made the
SHADOW... 2 Kings 20:11
Okay, I know it's a little out of context, but still we have proof that God cr
eated the Shadow!!!

  Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #22
gb6049
Shadow God
 
gb6049's Avatar
 
gb6049 is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonz06Spirit View Post
Damn doing a full tuneup
She's 10 years old now. Needs a few replacement parts. Replaced plugs a couple years ago and the coils last year. Should have done the wires at the same time but never got the time.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2016, 04:49 PM   #23
gb6049
Shadow God
 
gb6049's Avatar
 
gb6049 is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagle View Post
Looking good. I didn't realize you got the stacks from TJ when you asked me about jetting the other day.

Going to look good, you e always had one of the best looking 750's, now it's going to be even hotter!
Thanks for the comps BE!
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2016, 09:57 AM   #24
Galager
Shadow Junkie
 
Galager's Avatar
 
Galager is Offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb6049 View Post
She's 10 years old now. Needs a few replacement parts. Replaced plugs a couple years ago and the coils last year. Should have done the wires at the same time but never got the time.
I'm in the same boat except mine is 13 years old! It's only got 10K or so on it though. Carb being cleaned and jetted and adjusted by TJ, just finished valve adjustment (intakes were slightly tight but not too far off) and I replaced all gaskets/bolts and seals along the way, new fuel filter/plugs/air filter and coolant.

You think the coils wear out? Was always under the assumption, they either work or not.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2016, 01:03 PM   #25
gb6049
Shadow God
 
gb6049's Avatar
 
gb6049 is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galager View Post
I'm in the same boat except mine is 13 years old! It's only got 10K or so on it though. Carb being cleaned and jetted and adjusted by TJ, just finished valve adjustment (intakes were slightly tight but not too far off) and I replaced all gaskets/bolts and seals along the way, new fuel filter/plugs/air filter and coolant.

You think the coils wear out? Was always under the assumption, they either work or not.
May not wear out but others have more output. However after some years of temperature fluctuations the polymers will start to break down.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #26
Galager
Shadow Junkie
 
Galager's Avatar
 
Galager is Offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb6049 View Post
May not wear out but others have more output. However after some years of temperature fluctuations the polymers will start to break down.
Which coils did you use?
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2016, 09:22 AM   #27
gb6049
Shadow God
 
gb6049's Avatar
 
gb6049 is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galager View Post
Which coils did you use?
Used DC1-2. http://www.shadowriders.net/forums/s...t=Dynatek+coil
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2016, 09:41 AM   #28
gb6049
Shadow God
 
gb6049's Avatar
 
gb6049 is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Posts: 1,583
Between the rain and snow showers today I was able to move the car out of the way long enough to pull the fin on the right front and do the fin mod using a left rear. I hope the weather cooperates this week and I can get everything back on and see how close my carb settings are.





Last edited by gb6049 : 03-06-2016 at 09:46 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #29
Galager
Shadow Junkie
 
Galager's Avatar
 
Galager is Offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 136
Good work and thanks for the info. Any chance you took a gander at your intake valves while the carb was off? How'd they look?
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2016, 02:18 PM   #30
gb6049
Shadow God
 
gb6049's Avatar
 
gb6049 is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galager View Post
Good work and thanks for the info. Any chance you took a gander at your intake valves while the carb was off? How'd they look?
Didn't look, just pulled the carbs and stuffed some rags in the intake.
  Reply With Quote



Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 PM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.