Alllllrighty! Made some progress over the winter/spring.
First, and foremost, I eliminated the gauge clusterfuck. I had to extend a shitload of wires in order to relocate the fuse box into the already jam-packed stock airbox. I did a little cutting on the airbox, so that I could fit everything in without removing it. It really does make for a handy place to store all the bullshit wiring that Honda is so fond of. I'll post pics of the airbox next time I take my seat off.
Next, I replaced the ignition switch with a universal 3-position switch of eGay. A little filing and it fit right into the hole on the upper where the stock switch mounted. Also shown here are my new headlamp and horn. Headlamp is off of some old Harley, it was floating around my buddy's garage and I traded a 12 pack for it. Once I find a good way to mount my front turns, I can finally tape up all the wiring and make it look nice. I also have to figure out what I'm gonna do with those stock studs up there. They seem too conveniently placed to just chop off, I'm thinking I might make a little round bar that attaches across them to mount a mini speedo to...
I also ditched my stock mirrors, and slapped on a pair of $15 eGay bar-ends.
She now looks significantly sexier. That headlamp changes the whole look of the bike.
Next mods in line; mount turns, tidy up the wiring, rebuild some new master cylinders, fab up some sort of riser system, bang out a metal seat pan, paint ammo cans. Not necessarily in that order.