Not sure if maybe this should be under the How-To Guides section (Admin, you decide - thanks) ... I have seen the other "sticky'd" version of this, however I am using 3M 5200 Marine Sealant. .... Transferring over from some other forums, I've broken out the comments; here goes:
So it begins.
Last Sunday .... A beautiful day in South Florida. Did I ride? Yes. Albeit a short ride because I wanted to get a jump start on removing the tires from the wheels so I could begin the sealing process. But Aced It, you haven't even received your tire iron set yet. So. Let's just say I'm pretty handy at using whatever's at my disposal.
First, a few ride pics by the bay. A homeless dude was right beside me in these pics. Drunker than Hell ... funny shit right there! He was excessively complimentary of my scoot, but shit, he wouldn't shut up! He blabbed on about his having been a millionaire, knowing every single person that lives in those wealthy houses across the bay, his working in the bait shop (just out of pic) as a child, his dying mother, his father the NY accountant ... then after about 15 minutes of chatting, he began to leave and mumbled, "I don't mean to bother you again, but do you have a quarter?" ... Yeah, I saw that coming ... I gave him a dollar and told him not to spend it on beer. He laughed ... I laughed. Then he hopped on his bicycle with three beers in a plastic bag on the handlebars and bid me fair well.
Ride pics (and the last time you'll see her on the Dunlops).
Remove the air and break the bead. I used my Dremel to modify a small torx bit in order to remove the valve (sorry I couldn't get my phone-cam to focus for that shot). I also cut up a water bottle to use as rim protectors. Worked quite well! What you don't see is that I was using one hand to "hang" from the garage door beam to balance myself while hopping on the shovel. Hahahaha, my wife was laughing! Hey, it worked!
I will add too that the rear tire was a bit more difficult than the front, but overall not a problem.
Remove the tire. Yeah, that's a baseboard removal tool. I used that, a flimsy screwdriver and a crowbar. My neighbor came over after I did one tire and had another baseboard tool. That made it easier.
Wire-wheel the inside of the rim. Not shown is spraying it down with Formula 88 degreaser, hosing off and blowing dry. I'll let it dry in the house overnight to get rid of all humidity and wet spots.