Well, I finally got a chance to pick up my newest VLX from Froggy. Thanks to 03ACE for meeting in Nashville. I was there for a leadership meeting and was actually in the middle of giving a speech when he text me he was in the parking lot. Wish I would have had more time to spend and even bought you lunch for your trouble...thanks bro!
Here she is now...
Plans are to have it finished and ready to bring to the Dragon meet-up in June...that is 7 weeks.
Stayed up last night and made a project schedule. Here it is;
- Rake Frame (?) - If I can get the nerve to do it I will cut the neck and rake the neck about 4*
- Wrap-PAINTING (somehow ordered tan instead of black)
- Install Lolliepops (will see if needed)
- Install Pod Filters
- Rebuild Carbs
- Rear Fender-DONE
- Side Tag Mount-provided by big davy_p, still brainstorming mod to mount
- Risers (won't need them if bars show in time!)
- Neck Bearings-DONE
- Tank/Fenders/Side Covers-IN PROGRESS
- Rebuild Front Brake Caliper-CLEANED
- Fork Seals-DONE
- Oil Change
- 4* Timing