Alright, so what I did was take the spring set apart and figure out which pieces I wanted to use. The main spring seemed to have enough juice in it to handle my weight so I went with just the one piece. First I laid out all of the pieces being used to make sure it made sense.
I figured out that I needed to find a way to stabilize the seat on the spring so I grabbed a couple pieces of kydex and used them as spacers around the (yes, i know...) rebar and it works great.
I reused the bracket that held the spring set together to keep the nose down on the spring. This also allows the spring to flex without fighting the seat and keeps me from having to drill a hole to stabilize the nose of the seat.
I had to fabricate the side angles out of 1/8" aluminum flat stick that I had but it works to hold the kydex spacers tight and centered everything up nicely.
After I got everything together, it has significantly dropped my seat height from a few inches above the tank mount to whatever it is now (nose is flush). Refer back to my first few pics to see what I had before.
Next I had to clean up the bike so I took an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel and took away the old mount.
I had to find a way to keep the pressure off of the tank bolt until I get another bolt (and after that, actually) so I grabbed a piece of coil spring, threw it in my forge and hammered it out to shape, not pretty but good enough.
I drilled a couple holes in the collar to anchor it to the frame and slid the spring underneath it to take the tension off the bolt. Lastly I tossed the tank back on and cranked down on it. It went together better than I thought and is really comfy to ride on. I might try to other, slightly longer half, of the leaf to see if the extra length makes it softer or if I have the clearance over my fender. I hope this helps anybody who is thinking about doing it.