| Main Page | Shadow Forums | Motorcycle Links | Shadowrider's Photo Gallery | Today's Posts | New Posts |



DO NOT POST NUDITY OR PORN OR IT WILL BE DELETED! Thank you.

  
Go Back   Shadowriders > Honda Shadow Discussion Forums > Reviews
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Carbjetkits.com Calculator
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
RedBeard
Shadow Junkie
 
RedBeard's Avatar
 
RedBeard is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 130
Carbjetkits.com Calculator

Who has used the carbjetkits.com calculator and then used the results on their bike? How accurate was the results when used on your bike? According to the calculator for a 2004 vlx with ultra heavy mods I should be using a 155 main jet. I currently have a 142 which I know is too small and was going to try a 144 and 146 but I don't want to waste my time if this calculator is accurate. Thanks for your feedback on the calculator effectiveness.

http://carbjetkits.com/CJKCalculator...LX%201999-2007
__________________
Red

  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
scrapdog2grand
Shadow Junkie
 
scrapdog2grand's Avatar
 
scrapdog2grand is Offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by blick49
Who has used the carbjetkits.com calculator and then used the results on their bike? How accurate was the results when used on your bike? According to the calculator for a 2004 vlx with ultra heavy mods I should be using a 155 main jet. I currently have a 142 which I know is too small and was going to try a 144 and 146 but I don't want to waste my time if this calculator is accurate. Thanks for your feedback on the calculator effectiveness.

http://carbjetkits.com/CJKCalculator...LX%201999-2007
You using stock , or Dynojet needle?
sounds like your using a DJ main jet, the calculator is OEM jet based.
There is suppose to be a difference in flow rate from the OEM and the DJ jets, but from my experience I would say very little. But I would say The calculator is pretty accurate.
The needle will make the biggest difference.
__________________
http://www.cycleterminal.com Motorcycle Terminals, Connectors,Relay Kits, Accessories, Wiring diagrams. Site still under construction.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
RedBeard
Shadow Junkie
 
RedBeard's Avatar
 
RedBeard is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 130
Yeah, I'm using dynojet needle, main and slow jet. So what is a 155 OEM main jet in dynojet numbers? Is there a conversion table?
__________________
Red

  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
RedBeard
Shadow Junkie
 
RedBeard's Avatar
 
RedBeard is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 130
Looks like the 155 OEM is a 142 dynojet. So I guess I'm good and the calculator is pretty accurate.
http://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_miku...ihin_sizes.htm
__________________
Red

  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
scrapdog2grand
Shadow Junkie
 
scrapdog2grand's Avatar
 
scrapdog2grand is Offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by blick49
Looks like the 155 OEM is a 142 dynojet. So I guess I'm good and the calculator is pretty accurate.
www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_mikuni_vs_dynojet_vs_keihin_sizes.htm
I was just about to post that for you. wheres you needle set at, what makes you think your running lean, or need to go up is size?
Do any plug reads?
__________________
http://www.cycleterminal.com Motorcycle Terminals, Connectors,Relay Kits, Accessories, Wiring diagrams. Site still under construction.

Last edited by scrapdog2grand : 11-22-2012 at 07:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
RedBeard
Shadow Junkie
 
RedBeard's Avatar
 
RedBeard is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 130
Needle is on the 4th notch. Reading the plugs for WOT they look white. Also, when going around 80 mph on the freeway and let off the throttle I get a single back fire.
__________________
Red

  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
scrapdog2grand
Shadow Junkie
 
scrapdog2grand's Avatar
 
scrapdog2grand is Offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by blick49
Needle is on the 4th notch. Reading the plugs for WOT they look white. Also, when going around 80 mph on the freeway and let off the throttle I get a single back fire.
You could try going up 1 size at a time, see if it gets some color on the plugs and helps with the backfire. DJ sells individual jets for 2 each plus shipping, and that carb easy to get to, dont even have to take it completely off, to get the bowl off and replace the main.
__________________
http://www.cycleterminal.com Motorcycle Terminals, Connectors,Relay Kits, Accessories, Wiring diagrams. Site still under construction.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
RedBeard
Shadow Junkie
 
RedBeard's Avatar
 
RedBeard is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 130
That's the plan. I have a 144 and 146 coming in the mail.
__________________
Red

  Reply With Quote



Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.