| Main Page | Shadow Forums | Motorcycle Links | Shadowrider's Photo Gallery | Today's Posts | New Posts |



DO NOT POST NUDITY OR PORN OR IT WILL BE DELETED! Thank you.

  
Go Back   Shadowriders > Honda Shadow Discussion Forums > Shadow VLX Modifications
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 07-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #21
Aced It
Shadow Master
 
Aced It's Avatar
 
Aced It is Offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_suruncle
Glad you decided to post your build up over here! makes me want to take a sawzall to my wife's VLX..... but I know what her response would be
Thanks bro! Yeah, I don't think that would be a good idea without consent ... that's if you like your marriage.
__________________

Keep the rubber side down ... unless of course you have a rubber head!
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #22
bob_suruncle
Ace Rider, SROC Brother
 
bob_suruncle's Avatar
 
bob_suruncle is Offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,009
25 years and counting.... certainly not going to mess up a good thing over a sawzall
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
BaldEagle
SROC President
 
BaldEagle's Avatar
 
BaldEagle is Offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 6,545
Looking good. Nice work as usual. Just curious...if you were going to have the stuff powder coated, why strip it...it was going to be sand blasted anyway.

Good work on the wheel, I have a rear wheel that is beautiful less on flat spot where someone must have dropped it.
__________________

www.baldeaglecustoms.com

Then the prophet Isaiah called on the LORD, and the LORD made the
SHADOW... 2 Kings 20:11
Okay, I know it's a little out of context, but still we have proof that God cr
eated the Shadow!!!

  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #24
Aced It
Shadow Master
 
Aced It's Avatar
 
Aced It is Offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagle
Looking good. Nice work as usual. Just curious...if you were going to have the stuff powder coated, why strip it...it was going to be sand blasted anyway
Thanks man! And fair question. At first I was considering painting certain parts. I also wanted to see what kind of shape some of the chrome was in, even though I'm not using any now. But most importantly, that shit was horrible looking! I just had to strip it for my own sanity, lol!
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #25
BaldEagle
SROC President
 
BaldEagle's Avatar
 
BaldEagle is Offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aced It
Thanks man! And fair question. At first I was considering painting certain parts. I also wanted to see what kind of shape some of the chrome was in, even though I'm not using any now. But most importantly, that shit was horrible looking! I just had to strip it for my own sanity, lol!
I kinda figured all of the above, just had to get clarification. Was there a sale on flat black paint this guy found or did he just dip the bike? Where the valves flat black when you opened the heads up?
__________________

www.baldeaglecustoms.com

Then the prophet Isaiah called on the LORD, and the LORD made the
SHADOW... 2 Kings 20:11
Okay, I know it's a little out of context, but still we have proof that God cr
eated the Shadow!!!

  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #26
Aced It
Shadow Master
 
Aced It's Avatar
 
Aced It is Offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagle
I kinda figured all of the above, just had to get clarification. Was there a sale on flat black paint this guy found or did he just dip the bike? Where the valves flat black when you opened the heads up?
Haha ... worst rattle job I've seen. Seriously. No masking and literally sprayed everything!
__________________

Keep the rubber side down ... unless of course you have a rubber head!
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
ptw1119
Shadow Master
 
ptw1119's Avatar
 
ptw1119 is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 201
you've done a lot of nice work keep it looking forward to seeing how it turns out...nice job
__________________
remember wherever you go, there you are
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #28
Kingshead
Shadow God
 
Kingshead's Avatar
 
Kingshead is Offline
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 1,020
Good to see you here Scott, and the build is coming along great. Really liking the SHINY black, I'm kinda biased though. Always liked the satin black on your sled, but this is going to be a killer bike, and your creation from the ground up.

Martin
__________________






1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #29
Aced It
Shadow Master
 
Aced It's Avatar
 
Aced It is Offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingshead
Good to see you here Scott, and the build is coming along great. Really liking the SHINY black, I'm kinda biased though. Always liked the satin black on your sled, but this is going to be a killer bike, and your creation from the ground up.

Martin
Thanks Martin! Talk at ya soon brutha!
__________________

Keep the rubber side down ... unless of course you have a rubber head!
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #30
03ACE
Shadow God
 
03ACE's Avatar
 
03ACE is Offline
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,349
I continue to be amazed by your ingenuity, attention to detail, and your drive to complete a project. Nice work!
__________________


Mods:
Drilled stock exhaust (1" holesaw)
Uni PK-82 pod filters
DynoJet Stage 1 jet kit - 130/132 mains
Scootmods forwards
Saddlemen Profiler seat
38T sprocket
4* timing mod
EBC CSK28 clutch springs
  Reply With Quote



Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.